Friday, February 4, 2011

Wendy's first saddling


I have worked on lunging a few day as a reminder. She remembered her lesson well so I let her go free in the round pen so I could free her up and get her to lope. She had a little trouble with staying round and would hit the panels and trying to jump out, lil sticker. She finally figure out I wanted her to lope around the pen but I had to whack her in the ass quite a few times and I was very happy she figured it out finally cause I was pretty winded from running after her. After I could send her out and keep loping without the fence climbing and she would face up when I took the pressure off both directions I haltered her and took her to the center of the pen to saddle. I put the saddle pad on, she didn't care so I put he saddle on, she didn't care, I cinched her up she didn't care, I asked her to lunge around me and she did. Well that was way to easy. I let her go in the round pen and went to go work Happy.



I have been riding Happy out in the big pen and he is still lazy. His lope is slow and sloppy, you can feel his reluctance with every stride. I was hoping getting him out of the round pen would free him up some but not so much, I even had to give him a swat with the end of the rein to keep him going. His stop is good and if you say anything his little ass is in the ground before you know what happened. I work him at a trot mostly cause his walk is like at snails pace. The only time he seems to wake up is when the dogs get close and he goes after them in a flash. Barnie my new dog want to stay very close to me witch keep the game going for Happy. I really need to get some more sheep. Maybe now with Barnie I will be able to but I want to make sure first, having my little friends eaten by Coyote's was horrible.

Last night I heard the Coyotes close, the dogs bark and run after, usually the stand off continues most of the night but last night it was over the first time. Yae, Barnie, the night was quite and I finally got some sleep. He's not sure about my chickens and I had to stop him from eating one. He really didn't like being yelled at, I had to go get him and put him in the house, it being the first day and all, he ran and hide knowing I was mad, I found him in my bathtub looking very sad. He crawled out when I call him with his tail between his legs, then kept to my side the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment