Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day Twenty: It’s has been a week sense I worked Happy last. A girl I had met, Kirsten came to help me with him today. I work him a little, working through his jumpiness until he would walk a circle around me. Then Kirsten led him around like Ashley had done. Today the wind wasn’t so bad and he was calmer. Kirsten had a really good way with her body language and Happy responded well to her. We move him to the next step and she lunged him with me as just a passenger, sending him out away from her at a walk. This colt is so quick, falling off is a concern without him even trying to get me off. He is so touchy, holding on or trying to stop his movement by pull his mouth would scare him and undo the work I’ve done, so nice and easy at a walk is all we want from him today. He was great changing direction, switching from one eye to another without grabbing his ass, he was really good still ultra aware of every move you make but really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment