Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day Thirteen: I tie Happy in a stall to saddle today. When I cinch him his long hair gets stuck in the cinch and before I knew it Happy was full on bucking tied in the stall. I ran out and let him settle. He hit his head on the roof pretty hard, he was mad and defencive at this point, I managed to get his hair unstuck and left him to stand saddle for a while.
I take him out to the round pen and put the long lines on him again. He remembers his first lesson very well and turns with a light pull. I pull his face into the panel but this time I ask him to stop with his hind end facing me. He doesn't like me directly behind him and tries to leave each time, I have to pull him back to face the panel using the panels to stop him until he will stand. He is like a dancing horse at the end of the lines, leaping to on side and then the other. This boy has got some moves, Wow. Finally he stands with me close up to his hind end I step to one side and ask him to go around the pen in the that direction. Each time he gets better and when he will stop and stand without dancing, I ask for a few back steps making sure he is still facing the panels. I end the lesson when Happy will stop and back a few steps out in the middle of the pen off of the panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment