Friday, June 24, 2011

Disappointed but looking forward to what's next



With every competition there has to be winners and losers that is what makes it fun to play. I did not make it to the next round in the Texaco Country Showdown and yes I am disappointed but I am looking forward to getting out and performing more, putting a band together is my next focus. Trying out for the Texaco Country Showdown encouraged me to find my look or image for performing. I have never been one who spend much time on girly things and this competition made me explore this side of myself and it was a lot of fun. All through my 20's and 30's I was trying so hard to be taken seriously as a horse trainer I didn't dress up much, I didn't like the kind of attention it brought. If one more guy told me to "just stand there and look pretty" I was going to scream. It's funny how the things that make you the maddest are also where your happiness lies. A guy friend of mine called me "baby girl" a while back and it hit me funny, a guy has never called me that before, and you know what, I kinda liked it. It made me think about the little girl I used to be and I realized I never got to be girly when I was young and now I get to be a cowgirl and it's great fun. Not covered in dirt like the real thing, I've had plenty of that but a cute clean cowgirl.





These are my work boots, I have worn boot's and spurs most of my life. If I had to run to town I would keep then on so everyone knew why I was so dirty, they are just a part of my boot. I even wore them to a bar once and was made to take them off, apparently they could be used as a weapon;0) These two events made me come up with the idea for my new look or my image singing. I think is suits me. Two necklaces $8.00 wrapped around my boots and it makes me feel like dance.



The weight and sound makes me feel like I'm still singing and dancing in my barn cleaning stalls with no one else around, it's comforting. Don't let the No's in life get you down, it's the Yes's that matter:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment