Monday, May 30, 2011

Space

I am learning some cover songs on guitar and I knew the first time I heard the song Space by Sara Buxton I wanted to cover that song. It was after my Dads passing and the song really hit me not so much about my father but about all the talks we had. We spent countless hour try to figure out how to get through falling in love without the hurting and I have come to the conclusion that you can't. It goes together, my father liked to say "life is like a rubber ball bouncing right along. He was very frustrating to talk to sometimes, fun and interesting but argumentative to say the least, he would take the other side in everything. When it came to my love life, this invoked many the arguments however and of course I was hurt buy this, I needed him to understand how I felt and he would say to me "I'm sorry honey but I see it from a man point of view and what you want from your man sound terrible to me, I would run from a chick like that, alway trying to change me." He didn't understand, why couldn't he understand how much it hurts when a man needs his space. No matter what situation I was in he would say "there is something you like about it or you wouldn't still be there." and he was right, irritating but right, I was forever trying to fix my man and my dad from their maleness. In the end of all our fun arguing and we did have fun at it, if I made my point and I would not falter he would actually giggle. We talked endlessly about the differences between us, I taugh my father about woman and he taught me about men. We are different for a reason and that energy bounces, the higher you go up, the farther you come down, and we are all afraid to feel to much for that reason, but don't lose sight of the fact you get to go back up again. The trix is, well if there really is one, I mean if you are in love or falling in love all I can really say is "good luck with that." lol but really if you get into rhythm with your man so that you bounce together but in your own space it works better cause lets face it who wants a man around all the time anyhow? We all need our alone time! It's that need woman have to feel connected that men don't understand and men's need to feel free that woman don't understand, well you can't change it trust me I've tried. lol So what to do in those times? when things get to close to the heart and he needs space and you need closeness? the song say it all, "I'll give you space." You have to stand up for your needs and the man really does wants to try again, he needs to miss you and he need to know he will lose you if he doesn't, that's what makes him feel, so have some fun with it. Get more pro active don't sit around and wait, do something you love doing that doesn't involve him, I know you can't disconnect from him and he is in your mind 24/7 but you need to go enjoy your life, he will love you for it. You only have a few of the really big bounces to get through before it starts to bounce along more steady if you set your boundaries right with the man in your life, well until life hits you again. When you are on the down bounce of life or love, trust and hold on, you don't want to fall off when you hit the ground and missout on the up bounce. I miss my talks with my Dad, life is to short to stay sitting on the ground feeling sorry for myself so I'm going to ride it with my spurs on<);0)

No comments:

Post a Comment